Sunday, January 16, 2011

Questions

So I'm subscribed to a Google group that exists for the sole purpose of sending me (and, like, a thousand other people) a "thought-provoking" question every day.

I like having my thoughts provoked. They're so cute when they're angry.

Shockingly, this group is called "Question of the Day." It is actually counterintuitive, because they always send two questions. I question the question of sending two questions. Their group name is a misnomer, and I demand laser-like precision in the pluralitiousness of my google groups!

Or, I could just look at it as a bonus question. Calm down, thoughts, you're getting all exercised.

These questions, though -- I think they are trying to tell me something. Because, as I have said, I am susceptible to coincidence, to a small degree.

For two successive days, the questions have been:

What are you resisting?
What brings you joy?

What are you afraid of losing?
Who are you thankful for?

At first glance, I thought the pairings were odd. Contradictory. And yet... germane. Are they possibly designed to point to the same answer? Or is it merely an effect of the pairing?

Do we not sometimes resist joy and what brings us joy, for fear of pain? Are we not often afraid of losing that for which we are thankful?

Okay. Have to go take the thoughts for a walk now. They're getting provoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment