Monday, February 14, 2011

3 (or is it 6?) Reasons Valentine's Day Makes Me Schizophrenic

Kittens and hearts!

The lover looks like this.
And the cynic looks like this.

K, this is giving me a sad.
Reasons 1 and 2:

I refuse to give my hard-earned money away to buy useless junk for a Hallmark holiday. Oh, come on... the economy needs to be stimulated! Yeah, there are Chinese children whose fingers aren't bleeding yet from sewing V-Day doilies! Whatever -- go buy stuff! GO GO GO!

Reasons 3 and 4:

I want to get Boyfriend something to make him happy! I like giving presents! Why is Boyfriend's happiness dependent on receiving material gifts? The greedy bastard!**

Reasons 5 and 6:

Everyone else is celebrating Valentine's Day, so I might as well! So if marketers had everyone else base-jumping naked off an Arctic ice shelf, you'd do it too? Um, maybe. Why do you ask?


Happy Valentine's Day, god damn it!





And you single kids out there, relish it, because this could be your alternative:







** really, Boyfriend is not like that at ALL; so please, no angry letters.

1 comment:

  1. I always imagined that coupled people were shaving all kinds of things into hearts.

    ReplyDelete